Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow days

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all enjoying your December readying for the upcoming holidays!

I am still working on some gifts so I do not have so much to show at this point but I wanted to say Hi! just the same.

We had another snow in Connecticut, already the fourth one and it is not yet winter!  I do love how pretty it looks.  Here is a photo of the Town Green in Redding CT looking beautiful blanketed in white....


Here is another scarf I am knitting up for the holidays.  I am really loving the Homespun Thick and Quick yarn, this one is Pearls.  So soft and velvet-y...


I was snowed in for most of the weekend, but no complaints here!  I stayed inside nice and warm and cozy with Gigi enjoying the view outside our window, knitting and stitching...


I hope to have more to show next time around!  I have enjoyed reading all of your blogs and seeing all the beautiful stitching and quilting you are all doing.  Thanks for stopping by!  

Have a wonderful week!  Happy Stitches!!  xxxx 





13 comments:

Margaret said...

Love that yarn! Love the scarf too. Very pretty! I don't know about you, but I'm done with snow already. lolol! Looks pretty, but I'd rather not see it. Gigi looks entertained though!

Faye said...

The snowscape looks so pretty!!! But, being the southern girl that I am, yikes ! Just snuggle up to all that nice yarn and stitch a whole lot!!!!

Catherine said...

What a pretty snow scene! We have now had more snow than we had all last winter! Makes me nervous for what is in store for the rest of the season. Your scarf looks lovely ~ cozy and warm is going to be necessary this winter!

Beehive Needleworks said...

What a lovely scarf Krista!
Snowflakes have fallen from the sky for three days. I would agree with you and Gigi...enjoy the view from inside! A bit of handwork, hot cocoa, and wintertime coziness makes for the perfect snow day.
Wishing you much joy ...
Warmly,
Judy

Chris said...

Beautiful snowy pic! I miss it. The scarf looks wonderfully warm.
Have a great week!

Vickie said...

Plenty of snow here too Krista. Have a warm day, you and Gigi.

Melissa said...

All that snow looks so pretty! We had a cold spell for awhile, just a teeny tiny bit of snow. I was so disappointed!

That yarn looks very cozy!

Anne said...

Lovely photo of the snow Krista. Like Melissa (we live in the same city), we had a sprinkling of snow...now it's gone :( Love your scarf you are knitting!! It'll keep you all warm and cozy outside!

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous snow : ) The scarf is looking pretty too!

Brigitte said...

Snow days are not bad when you do not have to leave the house and can stay inside and do things that you enjoy doing. You definitely used your snowy weekend the best way. This scarf looks really great.

Carol said...

Ah, a real New England winter you're having up there, Krista... So lovely (as long as you can sit inside!!).

Beautiful scarf you're making!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely snow covered town green! Wow! Your scarf is very pretty!

Robin in Virginia

Rachel said...

Redding looks a lot like my town. Beautiful! That yarn looks so cozy, I love the color.